Applications for student council members 2021/2022 are now open and the deadline is Friday September 17th.
Click on the relevant year and ensure you are signed into your Adamstown CC email. Best of luck to all applicants.
- 1st Year
- 5th Year
The Student Council is a representative structure through which students can become involved in the affairs of the school, working in partnership with school management, staff and parents for the benefit of the school and its students. We believe that students have a valuable contribution in the running of the school. In turn, their involvement in the operation of the school is itself a valuable part of the education process for the students. Through the Student Council, we aim to create a sense of ownership of the school and its activities among the student population.
What are the aims of the Student Council?
Some of the functions of the student council are:
- Representing the views of their peers to school management.
- Advocating for students and their concerns with school management.
- Promoting a culture of cooperation between students and staff.
- Collaborating on and contributing to school policies.
- Developing ideas for charity initiatives, fundraising, etc.
- Promoting and developing extra-curricular and sport initiatives.
The council is elected by the students consisting of representatives from each year group.